I was trying to write the ultimate pop song. I was basically trying to rip off the Pixies. I have to admit it. When I heard the Pixies for the first time, I connected with that band so heavily that I should have been in that band—or at least a Pixies cover band. We used their sense of dynamics, being soft and quiet and then loud and hard.
In a January 1994 Rolling Stone interview, Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain revealed that “Smells Like Teen Spirit” was an attempt to write a song in the style of the Pixies, a band he greatly admired.
- bigeyessmallworld reblogged this from wilkinsky
- yadette reblogged this from wilkinsky
- aselectionofbadpuns reblogged this from wilkinsky
- aaronearll likes this
- theglasscast likes this
- punkd--unicorn likes this
- ridethetire reblogged this from wilkinsky
- ridethetire likes this
- wilkinsky posted this